Oceana.org has a short list of interesting facts about the scorpionfish:
1. Scorpionfish have extremely potent venom in their sharp spines, making them one of the most poisonous animals in the ocean.
2. Scorpionfish tend to live near the surface but can be found up to 2,625 feet (800 m) deep.
3. Scorpionfish are about 8 inches (20 cm) long on average , but some species can grow to a maximum length of 20 inches (50 cm).
4. Scorpionfish blend in perfectly with their coral and rocky surroundings because of their mottled color patterns.
5. Scorpionfish are solitary and only congregate for mating.1
We are, it appears, supposed to take all these claims on faith except the last one, which references the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization – who are apparently the world experts on fish sex.